Tuesday, April 12, 2011

#3, or Why I Hate Tuesdays

Today has sucked. It seems to be a theme with my Tuesdays recently. SO I decided I'd do a list on WHY, exactly, I hate Tuesdays.

1. The Monday Hangover.
        Mondays suck. It's a pretty much proven fact; nobody likes Mondays, and it ALWAYS seems like, if there's gonna be something that goes wrong, it's gonna be on Monday. On Tuesday, you're always dealing with whatever went wrong on Monday, creating (surprise!) the Monday Hangover.

2. Class.
        I have night classes. I have class on Monday and Thursday too, of course; it's not JUST Tuesday that gets ALL the suck. The problem with having class on Tuesday stems from the fact that I have class on Monday, so I have to get up and work Tuesday morning on the homework I otherwise would have done Monday night. So there's that.

3. The crazy schedule.
        As a result of my Monday class, my Tuesday is ALWAYS rushed. I get up, do my homework - which takes, if I'm lucky, three hours - take a shower, go to work, leave work early for class, and then go tutor two girls. Which means I am usually lucky to EAT on Tuesdays, and my poor cat gets completely neglected.

4. Homework = Early to rise
        The fact that I have homework to do means that I have to be up at, like, 8. Which isn't really all that early - except that, since I've got night classes and a job that starts at 2, I don't have to be up before noon. I usually wake up around ten. On Tuesdays, I don't get that awesome luxury, which also means I can't really do anything Monday OR Tuesday nights. I still DO sometimes, but those Tuesdays are always the ones that suck the most.

5. Low fuel
        Mondays usually take it out of me. I work with kids, so Monday and Fridays are always the most difficult days of the week - after the weekend everyone is keyed up, and Fridays it's the weekend already and all the kids (and us) are ready to go home - but with Mondays, I haven't got the weekend to recover. So I go into Tuesday running low on patience and tolerance and energy already, so I can only handle so much.

Tomorrow I'll get back to something more interesting / upbeat. Just frustrated today haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment