Sunday, April 10, 2011

The first list! (Or, What to See Before I Die, Top 10 Version)

I like lists. They organize things into some sort of understandable, logical shape rather than discombobulated and confusing.

For starters: 
Where I'd like to go before I die: The Top Ten

1. PARIS, FRANCE
        Yeah, I know. Cliché as hell. But that's ok, because the City of Light is a cliché all its own. Also, it's called my name since I started taking French seven years ago, and - since I never stopped taking French - the sound has never stopped.

2. LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA
        It's LA. 'Nuff said.

3. NEW ORLEANS, LOUISIANA
        Stuff happens in NOLA that couldn't possibly happen anywhere else. The combination of French and Spanish influences supposedly make for a very interesting amalgam of culture. Lastly: Beignets. Actually, firstly AND lastly: Beignets. They're fluffy fried pillows of delicious sunshine.

4. LONDON, ENGLAND
        Yeah, yeah, another cliché. But you know what, that's ok too. There's all sorts of things you could do there besides harass the Queen's Guard.

5. DUBLIN, IRELAND
        Welllllllll actually I just wanna see all of Ireland, but since Dublin is the city EVERYONE knows.... and what's not to love about Ireland? Well except that it supposedly rains all the time.

6. ITALY
        Rome, Venice, Florence, Naples, Verona, Pisa. Italian food (real Italian food, not Olive Garden). And hey, who knows? Maybe I'll pick up a little of the language, since it's not THAT far away from French.

7. CHICAGO, ILLINOIS
        The Windy City? I think I'd like any place that earned a nickname like that. Also it seems like a pretty cool place to hang out.

8. BELFAST, NORTHERN IRELAND
        It's not in Ireland, although it's on the Irish island. It's a part of the UK. If I'm on the Irish island, I oughta get the whole perspective, right? Right.

9. WALES
        Love the idea of going to Wales, and maybe watching an actual shepherd with his collies. In fact, I think that one of these days I'll just hop around the whole UK, and France, and Italy, and maybe hit Spain and Germany and all sorts of other places too and just see it all.

10. NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK
        ....okay. I've already been there. A couple times, actually. But really, I've only spent three days in the City itself, since most of the time spent in the state of New York with my family is spent in the relative peace you find so easily on Long Island. You could LIVE there and not know all there is to know about the City That Never Sleeps, so three days in the City means I know basically nothing about it. Except that New Years' Eve on Times Square is one of those things that can be done once and understood completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment